Drach caves from playa de palma
from 46,00 €
incl. 21% VAT
The Drach caves are a must if you visit Mallorca, they are one of the most emblematic and prestigious tourist attractions in our island as they are subway caves with its own lake that makes it immensely particular. The caves are 25 meters deep and during the tour you will observe the incredible stalagmites and stalactites that are created by the fall of water filtered through the rock, an unparalleled beauty to enjoy on vacation!
Although there are no concrete references from the Middle Ages, some historians place in 1338 the first written news of the cave in a message from Roger de Rovenach. The caves have been formed over millions of years, there are four caves that are connected to each other, during the tour we will reach the great Martel lake of about 115 meters long and 30 meters wide. We will enjoy in silence a concert of live classical music that makes it a wonderful moment to be in a subway paradise. Once the concert is over, you can cross the same lake by boat. The cave is illuminated in a very special way that makes everything visually seen in an exceptional way. The visits are guided through the interior of the cave. The temperature of the cave varies between 17ºC and 21ºC. The relative humidity is around 90-95%.
These caves are located in the village of Porto Cristo, a coastal area with its own natural harbor.
Departure Days: Monday, Friday
This excursion is a midday excursion and if you have booked from the south you also have the option of a full day and will have the option to enjoy free time in the beautiful coastal village of Porto Cristo. The price includes transportation by air-conditioned coach, official guide of Mallorca, entrance to the Caves of Drach with the concert in the subway lake Martel, the possibility to go by boat on the lake.
Depending on the tour operator you can make a commercial stop without buying anything, in the pearl store of Manacor, popularly known as Majorica pearls.
The tour of the caves lasts approximately 90 minutes and the midday excursion between 4 and 5 hours. The full day tour normally takes 8 to 9 hours.
Select the area you are in; we have divided them into the north, east, south and playa de palma. You have two options to choose your pick-up location:
1. Select your pickup location from your location on Google maps.
2. Enter the name of the hotel you are staying in or another nearby hotel if you cannot find your hotel in the list. The system will assign you a nearby pickup location and time.
Pick-up service included from the following zones:
Arenal - Playa de Palma - Can Pastilla
Unfortunately, the cave is not wheelchair accessible, as there are steps to access it and the natural corridors of the cave are very narrow.
People with reduced mobility should also take this into account, although there is a handrail along the route. There is a ramp for access to the rest of the facilities, such as the bar, store and toilets in the main building.
- Barefoot access is not allowed.
- No shirtless access is allowed.
- It is not allowed to enter wearing transparent clothing.
- It is not permitted to enter wearing clothing that could represent an obstacle during the course of the visit.
- It is not permitted to consume food or drink inside the cave.
- In order to ensure its conservation, it is not permitted to touch or alter the geological formations.
- During the tour there are steps, unfortunately it is not possible to access the interior of the cave with strollers or wheelchairs.
- You can take pictures without flash and recordings in home format during the visit but you can not take pictures or recordings during the concert, please respect the rest of the visitors.
- The use of tripods, selfie sticks or similar devices is not permitted.
To be able to submit a review, you must first log in.